M.I.T MIXED BREED RESCUE
INFORMATION ABOUT ADOPTED ANIMALS:
Date of Adoption:
I agree to pay M.I.T Mixed Breed Rescue an adoption fee of USD 300.00 which is refundable within 14 days. ____________ (Initial)
- I understand that the animal being adopted is a “rescued” animal and M.I.T Mixed Breed Rescue cannot make any guarantees about the animal’s previous care, treatment or history. __________ (initial)
- I understand and agree that while M.I.T Mixed Breed Rescue makes every effort to place only healthy and sound animals, M.I.T Mixed Breed Rescue cannot guarantee the health of any animal. M.I.T Mixed Breed Rescue shall not be held responsible for any medical expense which may be incurred, hereby expressly excluding any implied or express warranties, merchantability, or fitness for any particular purpose, including without limitation and warranties regarding health, temperament or whether the animal is housebroken. _____________ (initial)
- I agree that the animal is being adopted for myself and will not be sold, adopted, or given to another party. _________ (initial)
- I agree that the animal will not be allowed outdoors without proper supervision. When taking my dog outdoors outside of a fence, they will be on a secure harness and wear proper ID. _________ (initial)
- I agree that this dog is to be a companion animal, not a guard dog. The dog will live inside my home, not outdoors. _________ (initial)
- I agree to care for the animal in a humane manner and be a responsible animal guardian. This includes supplying adequate food, water, shelter, attention, and medical care. _________ (initial)
- I agree that if at any point I cannot keep the animal, I will return him/her to M.I.T Mixed Breed Rescue. _________ (initial)
- I understand and agree that M.I.T Mixed Breed Rescue makes no guarantees about the animal’s health and is not responsible for any future medical costs incurred by the animal. The dog is adopted “as is” and the adopter assumes all responsibility for the treatment of all existing conditions or any other conditions or physical changes that may occur. _________ (initial)
- I understand and agree that M.I.T Mixed Breed Rescue makes no guarantees about the animal’s temperament and is not responsible for future damages or injuries caused by the animal. The dog is adopted “as is” and the adopter assumes all responsibility for any existing or future temperament changes that may occur. _________ (initial)
- I understand and agree that M.I.T Mixed Breed Rescue makes no guarantees about the animal’s breed or breed mix. All information provided by M.I.T Mixed Breed Rescue regarding an animal’s breed type is a best guess and has not been confirmed. _________ (initial)
- I give M.I.T Mixed Breed Rescue permission to call my home at any reasonable time to assure that the animal is being cared for and treated properly. _________ (initial)
- I agree to keep M.I.T Mixed Breed Rescue informed of my current home address and phone number. _________ (initial)
- I agree to keep the animal up-to-date on all vaccinations and to give the animal monthly heartworm preventative and flea/tick preventative. ___________ (initial)
- I agree that the animal must be spayed/neutered by 6 month of age if it has not already been altered and that I must provide veterinary proof of the surgery to M.I.T Mixed Breed Rescue once it’s been completed. ___________ (initial)
- M.I.T Mixed Breed Rescue has no liability or responsibility of any nature regarding later defects of the dog, or injuries or damage to any person or property that may be caused by the dog. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless M.I.T Mixed Breed Rescue and its members or representatives against any and all past, present, or future claims of any injury or property damages to me or anyone else by this dog. ____________(initial)
M.I.T Mixed Breed Rescue does not refund adoption fees if the dog is returned after the grace period.
This is a legally binding contract.
I agree that all statements I have made on this form are true. If it is found that any statements I have made on this form are not true, the adopted animal can be confiscated.
Adopter Name (Print):